- You have a recent PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Genetics or related studies, with a solid computer science background;
- Experience with sequencing data and methods development is required. Experience with PacBio long-read sequencing data is preferred;
- Experience with programming, data visualization and data handling in Python, R, or related languages;
- Proficient in Unix/Linux-based command line and cluster environments; Experience with programming and high-performance computing.
- You are communicative, well organized, independent and willing to supervise.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience with sequencing data and methods development. The research area of interest is rapidly growing, and there is no standard analysis pipeline or method. Programming skills in different languages (python, bash, R) and experience in cluster computing systems is essential. You are highly motivated, creative and willing to supervise. Within this project most communication will be in English, so fluency in English and excellent communication and organizational skills are essential.