We offer a unique opportunity for you as a starting researcher to found your own independent research group in the context of an existing department on the topic of biomedical engineering. You will receive a competitive start-up package and salary matching your qualifications and experience.
You will start as soon as possible. You will be appointed for a duration of one year(28-36 hours per week) with the possibility to convert to a permanent contract. Your salary will be a maximum of € 5.919. gross per month (scale 11), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment.
In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres
The full applications should be submitted via the UMCG website, containing the following attachments in a single PDF file:
- curriculum vitae, including selected top 10 publications (together with short paragraphs highlighting the candidate’s specific contribution in those papers) (max, 5 pages);
- current research and teaching interests (max. 3 pages);
- a research plan and vision, outlining your proposed research work for the coming years (max. 5 pages);
- university teaching portfolio/qualifications (max. 5 pages);
- the names, positions and contact details of at least three referees who can support your application. (Recommendation letters etc. are not asked at this point)
Candidates may be invited for a video interview during the first stage of the recruitment process. The most qualified candidates will be invited for an in-person interview at UMCG and may undergo an aptitude assessment. They will also undergo a review by external experts and may be required to give a demonstration of their teaching skills and research vision.