In the major transitions we face as a society, the cultural and creative sector increasingly plays a crucial role, just think of the digital transformation. Can you convert the big challenges into opportunities for the cultural and creative sector? Do you have a good network in this sector that you can link to research and development at Erasmus University Rotterdam? Do you have the entrepreneurial attitude to develop (research) projects with social impact? And do you know how to secure the necessary funding? If so, you are the Innovation Manager / Business Developer Culture & Creativity we are looking for.Job description
As Innovation Manager / Business Developer Culture & Creativity, you take a leading role in creating and managing relationships between Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) and external partners in the creative and cultural sector (organisations, companies, entrepreneurs, other social, governmental and academic partners). You work outside-in as much as possible. You work proactively with potential partners in the region, in the Netherlands and internationally to identify common interests. With a fresh and innovative outlook, you actively seek opportunities to further develop the Culture & Creativity ecosystem in cooperation with those external partners and with the EUR academic community.
Erasmus University Rotterdam develops a number of large-scale local, regional and European initiatives around Culture & Creativity. These include the Culture & Campus, one of the European Bauhaus initiatives, the recently launched European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) consortium in the field of Culture & Creativity, Rotterdam Arts & Sciences Lab (RASL) and the arts institute. It is your job to build on the joint strengths of these initiatives and create a coherent ecosystem around education, research and engagement.
As innovation manager/business developer, you have a transdisciplinary focus. Together with partners, Erasmus University strives for an integrated approach to the major societal issues of our time. Erasmus University strongly believes that transdisciplinary cooperation between academic institutions, such as our partners Erasmus Medical Centre and Delft University of Technology, and societal partners will strengthen our impact mission.
Your main responsibilities are:
our job description should include, in a concise and clear manner, the core day-to-day activities, tasks and responsibilities the role entails. The key rule is that, after reading the job description, a candidate should be able to determine whether they are suitable for the role.
- Strategically linking Erasmus University's Culture & Creativity initiatives;
- Initiating activities that further strengthen the ecosystem in the field of transdisciplinary research, education and engagement on the Culture & Creativity theme;
- (proactively) connecting organisations, business and other societal partners with Erasmus University; Build and maintain a broad network within the university, with other academic institutions, civil society partners, businesses and entrepreneurs;
- Finding funding opportunities with social and business partners, where necessary through strategic use of regional, national, European or other grants;
- Translate knowledge from the EUR community to interested parties into opportunities for entrepreneurship.