You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 30 Apr 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
This position is embedded within the Department of Educational Development & Research (O&O). We contribute to educational innovation and research and offer support to teachers, educational coordinators and leaders within the various bachelor’s and master’s programs of the FHML in the following four domains: Faculty Development, Instructional Design and e-Learning, Evaluation and Assessment. As an associate professor at the Department of Educational Development & Research, you will participate in research that is part of the School of Health Professions Education (SHE). SHE is one of 6 graduate schools at FHML and focuses on a range of research topics relevant to health professions education.
In this job, you take a leading role in educational innovations and research within the domain of technology-enhanced learning addressing questions such as how to embed technology in a different learning environment tailored to the needs of learners.
- You take a leading and pioneering role in innovation and research in the domain of technology-enhanced education
- You chair the taskforce e-learning and instructional design
- You inspire the leaders and coordinators of the FHML bachelor and master programs to innovative their programs
- You fulfill teaching roles, such as tutor, mentor, and course coordinator roles.
- You conduct scientific research and further develop your line of research resulting in international peer reviewed journal articles
- You take a leading role in supervising PhD candidates and other researchers and apply for research grants
- You take on coordinating and management responsibilities in education and/or research
- You have completed relevant training (MSc) in educational sciences, psychology or social sciences or in the health domain with additional qualifications in education
- You have a doctoral degree (PhD)
- You have expertise in the domain technology-enhanced learning, from a theoretical, empirical and practical perspective as evidenced by scientific publications
- You have preferably supervised three completed PhD candidates as a (co-)supervisor
- You have acquired various grants
- You hold a teaching qualification certificate and have broad teaching experience
- You have good communication and organization skills
- You are a team worker and are active in relevant national and international networks
- You have leadership skills
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing
Fixed-term contract: 12 months with the possibility to become permanent.
What we offer
A fixed term contract for 12 months; it can become permanent.
A fulltime job (0.8 or 1.0).
A salary according to the CAO of the VSNU, scale 13.
A position in a group that is prominent in the field of health care education innovations and research.
The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO). Furthermore, local UM provisions also apply. For more information look at the website www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 22,000 students and about 5,000 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
For more information, visit www.maastrichtuniversity.nl.
Department of Educational Development and Research
This department supports the development and innovation of bachelor’s, master’s and postgraduate training programmes within the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML), Maastricht University, in various domains such as instruction and e-learning, assessment, faculty development, and evaluation or quality improvement. Another important sphere of activity is to support research on education. Furthermore, we participate in a broad range of teaching roles and provide training and consultancy services.
School of Health Professions Education (SHE)
The School of Health Professions Education (SHE) is a graduate school for research, education and innovation in health professions education. SHE’s ambitions are captured in our vision: excellent healthcare requires evidence-informed models for the education of future and current healthcare professionals.
Maastricht University (UM)
Universiteitssingel 60, 6229 ER, Maastricht
We like to make it easy for you, sign in for these and other useful features: