You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 10 Apr 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
We, the Thermal Engineering Laboratory (TE), have an open postdoctoral position available in the research domain of advanced solar thermochemistry. Your role will be to strengthen and establish promising collaborative research in the TE department. You will be part of a team of experienced and ambitious PhDs striving for scientific excellence within the stated science domain. Simultaneously, you will develop your research vision and ideas, and talent in supervision and establishing new collaborations. You will be offered the ability to work closely together with existing Ph.D. candidates within TE to develop your leadership and mentorship abilities.
Project aim and description:
You will lead the development of numerical models for high-temperature solar thermochemical heat exchangers/thermal boosters for CSP application. You will investigate redox reactions using X-ray tomography to better estimate the properties of developed redox materials. This position is part of a larger EU-wide consortium and you will be working closely with several research institutes within the EU. You will also be responsible for report writing and interaction with the project partners.
Your first responsibility is to carry out the research, but you are also encouraged to acquire teaching experience. We support you to broaden your knowledge by joining international exchange programs, participating in national and international conferences and workshops, and visiting industrial companies, research institutes, and universities worldwide.
Project partners: German Aerospace Center Germany, Center for Research and Technology Hellas Greece, University of Twente Netherlands, Fundación CENER Spain, Fundación TEKNIKER Spain, Fraunhofer Germany, OPRA Netherlands, Kraftblock Germany, Landson Denmark, COBRA Spain.
University of Twente (UT)
- We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-driven researcher.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or other relevant science, engineering, or technology subject area.
- You have expertise in heat and mass transfer model development for chemical processes.
- Experience in physics-informed machine learning-based numerical model development is a plus.
- You think independently, develop creative and original work, and are a problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- You want to work in international and multi-disciplinary environments.
- You are proficient in English, both speaking and writing.
- You have already conducted eminent academic research in the given discipline, which is reflected in publications in high-quality academic journals and peer-reviewed books.
- You will mainly work on research and will be engaged in developing research project proposals.
- You may also be engaged in teaching activities (not the main duty).
- You will have the possibility to extend your network and work with national/international experts in relevant fields.
Conditions of employment
- Interesting temporary research position in a dynamic and international environment, combining the benefits of academic research with a topic of high industrial relevance.
- Excellent working conditions, an exciting scientific environment, and a green and lively campus with lots of sports facilities and an international scientific community.
- You will be appointed to a temporary full-time Postdoc position for two years.
- Gross salary between € 3.557,- and € 4.670,- per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- Excellent benefits include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme.
- You can make use of excellent facilities for professional and personal development and a training program in which you and your supervisor will make up a plan for additional suitable education and supervision.
- You will receive good secondary conditions, in accordance with the collective labor agreement CAO-NU for Dutch universities.
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers, and other university staff.