You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 31 May 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
We are looking for a versatile scientist at the Assistant Professor level who can identify relevant research questions, design and conduct empirical research with scientific rigour, and publish the results in high-impact journals. The new Assistant Professor should be able to attract external funding (from European, national, or corporate sources) for junior researchers (PDEng, PhD and PD positions), whose daily supervision he or she will manage. We expect the willingness and ability to take on teaching responsibilities in courses such as Marketing Management, (Marketing) Research Methods, and Brand Management. If the candidate is not yet a qualified university lecturer, we will provide him or her with a programme to obtain this qualification within 2 years (University Teaching Qualification, UTQ).
University of Twente (UT)
- PhD in marketing, innovation management, applied psychology, industrial design engineering, or related disciplines
- Scientific expertise in at least two of the following sub-disciplines: marketing, new product/service management, brand management, new business development, business-to-business marketing, design thinking, research methods
- A good publication record and promising publication pipeline
- Good teaching skills and willingness to obtain the University Teaching Qualification
- Good coaching skills (BSc, MSc and PhD students)
- Team player, also in multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills (English; Dutch is not required, but recommended)
Conditions of employment
- We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment on an attractive and green campus with many facilities for sport and leisure.
- The University offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues, where internationalisation is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A full-time position for 1 year, with the prospect of a permanent position following a positive evaluation;
- A gross salary of between € 3,974 and € 6,181 per month, depending on experience and qualifications. The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, as well as a sound pension scheme;
- Professional and personal development programmes;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, with collaboration with colleagues and other researchers strongly encouraged.
The Department of Design, Production and Management at the University of Twente provides scientific research into and education in the broad field of design. As part of the department, the Chair of Product-Market Relations investigates the drivers of market success of products, services, and product-service systems using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (in particular structural equation modelling). The chair offers undergraduate and postgraduate education in marketing and new product/service development education within several study programmes (e.g., Business Administration, Industrial Design Engineering, and Industrial Engineering and Management). In its research and teaching, the chair seeks to bridge behavioural and design research.