You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was yesterday).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
We are all working at the crossroads of organization and society, where technology and innovation meet. We are looking for excellent candidates who can share their vision with us about what is needed for organizations to face some of the grand challenges in society. For example, how can organizations successfully incorporate sustainability in their system and contribute to a better society? How can they handle cybersecurity risks? Or: how do they relate to online privacy and social media algorithms?
Are you a scholar who has (almost) finished your dissertation, looking for a community to further develop your thinking? Then we may be looking for you. Take a look at our section profile, and position yourself there: with connections to others, but with a clear contribution of your own.
You will be teaching in our top ranked bachelor's and master's Communication Science programmes. For instance, in the bachelor's programme you will contribute to modules in the 'changing organizations', 'digital society', and 'persuasive tech' tracks; in the master's programme you will teach a course closely related to your research expertise. We encourage and support you to develop a productive and viable research line and play an active role in the acquisition of research funding.
University of Twente (UT)
- You have (nearly finished) a PhD in communication science or related disciplines (e.g., business administration, organizational psychology, sociology)
- You have strong affinity with strategic communication (e.g., corporate or organizational communication) and are interested in the implications of technological innovations for organizations
- You are an excellent teacher
- You have a good track record in research, reflected in high-quality publications. Experience in the acquisition of funding is a pre
- We expect that you will be able to set up and maintain a network within the academic world and with relevant external stakeholders such as companies and tech developers
- You have a (near-)native mastery of the English language
- Candidates are required to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ)
Conditions of employment
It concerns a fulltime position of 1 year with a probation time of 2 months and the prospect of a permanent position upon good performance. You will be appointed for 38 hours per week.
- A dynamic, cooperative work environment with entrepreneurial and enthusiastic colleagues
- A high degree of responsibility and independence
- Professional and personal development programmes, including facilities in obtaining a University Teaching Qualification
- The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.974 to € 6.181 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile of Assistant Professor
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%
- A solid pension scheme
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- A family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS), to which the department of Communication Science belongs, strives to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering, and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. Through 'social engineering' these technological advances are embedded in society befitting human needs and behavior, within proper public and private management and business structures. For this the faculty of BMS upholds high quality disciplinary knowledge in psychology, business administration, public administration, communication science, philosophy, educational science and health sciences. All with a focus on the challenges in society