We seek exceptional candidates with proven expertise in combining wearable sensors with AI-data analytics. We seek candidates with expertise either at the software or hardware development levels. We look for applications combining AI and sensing to measure signals such as those related to the neural control of skeletal muscles, skeletal muscle mechanics, skeletal joint bending, etc., where such information is crucial and widely applied in scenarios such as personalized healthcare technologies, or musculoskeletal injury prevention, or assistive robotics, or human–machine interactions, or for the deeper understanding of human movement or neuro-rehabilitation processes. We’re looking for candidate with proven capacity to teach at BSc and MSc levels.
Areas of expertise may include (but are not limited to):
- Novel novel applications of wearable sensors and AI for personalized health care technologies.
- Development soft wearable sensing hardware for measurement of e.g., bio-electrical signals in neurons, nerves, and skeletal muscles as well as kinematics and kinetics measurement of skeletal muscles and body motions.
- Development of AI-algorithms for the extraction of information from networks of multi-modal sensors.
- Computational tools for speeding up AI-analytics from large sets of data.
- Continuous assessment of musculoskeletal health, technologies for collecting large-scale datasets, or AI-based prediction of injury risks or onset of degenerative disorders.
So, if you have original ideas on how to advance the development of AI-sensing technologies, please join our multidisciplinary and inclusive team.
The successful candidate will join the growing Chair of Neuromechanical Engineering
, within which we bring forward our passion to interface the human neuromuscular system with robotic systems ultimately to enhance human health.
We are looking for someone who connects and strengthens our research and educational program on AI sensors but will bring complementary expertise to our group. The candidate is expected to participate in teaching, supervise students in their graduation assignments, and contribute towards the supervision of PhD candidates.
In this role you will have the opportunity to directly appoint your own PhD candidate, with the possibility to grow across the next Professorship stages e.g., Associate Professor. All your work takes place on the beautiful, green campus located in the Twente region.