SBD develops national and international partnerships between the university, industries and public entities with the objective to increase the university’s impact on society. We are looking for an experienced manager to further advance the UT’s impact development strategy and lead our team of impact developers.
As Manager Impact Development, your primary role and responsibility concerns the management and development of SBD’s Impact Development team. You also take a leading role in designing the UT strategy for R&I-driven impact propositions and development of partnerships, in particularly with the corporate world.
Your responsibility towards the Impact Development team includes:
- Daily management and coaching of team members;
- Coordinating the team’s projects;
- Intake of projects and support to the development of the strategic portfolio;
- Deployment and capacity planning;
- Taking care of the HR aspects, e.g. personal development and annual reviews;
- Representation of the ID team in the management team and cooperation and regular attunement between all SBD expert teams.
You are also (jointly) responsible for:
- Development of the Impact Development vision and strategy for the University of Twente, including alignment and integration with public funding acquisition strategy;
- Establishing the framework for sustainable national and international relationships with major industrial customers, partnerships and platforms, including the acquisition of private external financing in our research fields;
- Providing support, advising, and guiding team members and other colleagues on consortia and expanding their network of contacts;
- Linking strategic and operational levels, both at the customer and UT side;
- Developing, implementing and evaluating plans with team members and business developers in the organization (e.g. annual or account plans).