Wageningen University & Research
The mission of Wageningen University & Research (WUR) is “To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life”. Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialized research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With its roughly 30 branches, 7,200 employees (6,400 fte) and 13,200 students and over 150.000 participants to WUR’s Lifelong Learning, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organizations in its domain. The unique Wageningen approach lies in its integrated approach to issues and the collaboration between different disciplines.
The Digital Examination team is part of the Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) which resides under the central Education and Student Affairs (ESA) department. ESA is responsible for the strategy, the implementation, the support for- and innovation of- its education. The department matches supply and demand in education, is responsible for all the administrative processes, guarantees the quality of its education and develops and implements the university’s vision on education.
Starting September 2023, WUR has a Teaching and Learning Centre (formerly known as the Education Support Centre - ESC). Within the TLC we aim to optimize learning, teaching, and educational innovation at our university. The TLC seeks to inspire lecturers, facilitate and support their teaching and the education environment, and to enhance lecturers’ professional competences.
For 18 years, Wageningen University and Research has had a leading position in the Netherlands. This standing is a recognition of the quality of education provided, the education facilities and its continued implementation of ambitious plans related to blended and open and online education. The Teaching and Learning Centre has grown rapidly over the last few years and now employs around 80 staff, organised in 7 self-organized teams of which the Digital Examination team is responsible for all digital exams in education and associated technologies.
- Training & Advice - offers pedagogical advice and educational training, workshops and courses, such as the University Teaching Qualification; (Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs).
- Open & Online - supports the development and implementation of open and online education via professional learning, Massive Open Online Courses, etc.
- Online Learning Environment - offers functional management of the digital learning environment (Brightspace) and emerging educational technology applications.
- Educational Media - supporting the production of media and associated capture and distribution technologies.
- Society Based Education - stimulates and organises real life cases in education offered by societal partners (from business, governmental-, to civil society organisations).
- Education Support Service Desk - offers a central point of contact for teachers at Wageningen University, forming a bridge between educators, students and the other teams within ESC.
- Digital Examination - responsible for all the digital exams in education and associated technologies.
Read the 5 reasons
why your future colleagues enjoy working at WUR and watch this video
to get an idea of our green campus! We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.