Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) Den Bosch, is looking for an enthusiastic Project Lead
We do cool stuff that matters, with data. The Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) is a unique cooperation between Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Tilburg University (TiU). At JADS, we believe that data science can provide answers to society's complex issues. We provide innovative educational programs, data science research, and support for business and society. With a team of lecturers, students, scientists and entrepreneurs - from a wide range of sectors and disciplines - we work on creating impact with data science. We do this by connecting people, sectors and industries: in the past 5 years we have been working with 300+ organizations on data-related projects. Our main drivers? Doing cool stuff that matters with data. Our location at the former monastery Mariënburg in Den Bosch houses a vibrant campus fully dedicated to data science.Making data (science) accessible for Small to Medium sized Enterprises
Small to Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the Netherlands experience various hurdles in deriving value from the latest technological developments in data science. JADS is committed to helping them take the first step and as part of this effort, we initiated the JADS MKB Datalab. The JADS MKB Datalab seeks to improve the data literacy and data maturity of SMEs through workshops and tailor-made short term projects taking on the specific challenges an individual SME is facing. The workshops and projects are carried out by masters' students in data science. Over the past three years, we have helped over 200 businesses to derive valuable insights from their data.
As a Project Lead you will be the face of the JADS MKB Datalab for the SMEs and the students. Your main aim is to help SMEs to identify their personal business challenges where data (science) could aid - and specifically where we as the JADS MKB Datalab can aid them with by means of a workshop or project. Concretely, you will draft project proposals, select the right student for the project, and supervise students to ensure the execution runs smoothly. Moreover, you are responsible for verifying whether the SME has actually improved their data literacy and data maturity.
What makes our job fun is that we speak to different companies every day. One day we are talking to a farmer, the other day to a accountancy firm. Within these companies, there are also different kinds of people. The daily task of placing yourself within the shoes of the person in front of you is both challenging and exciting. Additionally, the students allow you to have a fresh and new perspective on recurring business challenges, which you can take into account the next time you have a conversation with a company.
You will be working on a daily basis within the team of the JADS MKB Datalab, which is part of the wider JADS Impact team. For more information visit: www.jadsmkbdatalab.nl
- Organize and give public or digital talks to inspire SMEs;
- Work with SMEs to identify their business challenges and observe where data (science) could aid;
- Guide SMEs to a suitable first step in taking on their business challenge - either within the JADS MKB Datalab (by means of workshops or projects) or beyond (by means of other expert companies in our network);
- Help recruit students for and match students to data projects;
- Help organize and coordinate the Data Driven Business workshops;
- Write and assess project proposals for SMEs
- Supervise JADS MKB Datalab projects and ensure the projects get delivered as promised and planned. This is done within the team of the JADS MKB Datalab and divided along the expertise of each team member.
- Help shape the future of the MKB Datalab.