Are you passionate about transforming education and inspiring change? Would you like to advise and support our teaching staff in (re)designing their courses? Do you know how to use your educational knowledge and experience to stimulate educational innovation and to anticipate educational developments within and outside TU/e?
Are you a team player, but would you like to combine this in a position where you have a lot of autonomy to drive change? Then you've come to the right place!Job description
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has strong ambitions to train the engineer of the future. At the Faculty of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences (IE&IS), we have translated these ambitions into an innovation project portfolio. In the coming years, these projects will be implemented in our study programs to make them future-proof. As an educational specialist, you will be part of a team of professionals who enable teachers to innovate their courses and learning pathways with the aim of providing challenging and state-of-the-art education for our students.
As an educational specialist you will:
- Advise, design and support the implementation of projects for university educational innovation such as Challenge Based Learning, Blended Learning, student activation, ICT applications in education, (digital) testing, AI in education.
- Advise teaching staff on educational issues.
- Analyze and implement possible improvements in education at program and course level.
- Implement and optimize (processes around) digital learning and assessment systems.
- Communicate and promote new tools and educational developments to teachers (writing manuals, sharing best practices, organizing educational innovation sessions).
- Identify relevant external developments in scientific education and translate these into proposals and recommendations.
You will be part of the Education and Student Affairs (ESA) team of the department IE&IS, which consists of 27 staff members. ESA is responsible for policy advice, education and exam administration, scheduling, communication, exchange, study advice and teacher support. In addition, ESA has tasks in the field of quality assurance, educational development and innovation. You belong to the sub-team Education, Coordination and Innovation (ECI). ECI consists of three educational specialists, two education coordinators, a quality assurance officer and two course support officers.