Fixed-term contract: 12 months.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering of the University of Groningen was the first on the European mainland to introduce a tenure track career policy, 20 years ago, and with significant success. We have attracted great talents that have contributed strongly to the worldwide leading position of our faculty’s ten research institutes. Our career system has helped our staff members to develop highly successful and rewarding academic careers. The latest version of this system, ‘Career Paths in Science and Engineering’, offers:
- diverse career paths with a focus on research, education or impact
- dynamic career paths, in which staff members can switch focus in the course of their career
- the promotion to Assistant Professor level 1, in combination with a permanent contract, already after 1 - 3 years
- a perspective for promotion to Associate Professor after 5 years, while the assessment for promotion to Full Professor can take place after another 5 years
- significant freedom for staff members whether and when to apply for promotion.
For more information about Career Paths in Science and Engineering, see: rug.nl/fse/cpse. Please consider the career path with a focus on research for the criteria for tenure and for promotion to more senior positions.
As starting conditions, we offer a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 4.332 up to a maximum of € 6.737 gross per month (scale 11 or 12 CAO Dutch Universities, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position as Assistant Professor. Additionally, we offer:
- a holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
- a pension scheme
- maternity and parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (0,9 fte or 0,8 fte)
- a mentor programme and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
- dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/