The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is looking for a decisive and proactive secretary with a strong affinity for communication, to support the DAI (Data & Artificial Intelligence) cluster.
You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 1 Nov 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Data and AI Cluster
At DAI we study foundations of AI for the present and the future. We design new AI methods, develop AI algorithms and tools with a view at expanding the reach of AI and its generalization abilities. In particular, we study foundational issues of robustness, safety, fairness, trust, reliability, tractability, scalability, interpretability and explain ability of AI.
We actively collaborate with industry (Philips Research, KPN, Oracle labs, banks, hospitals) through multiple co-funded PhD projects. Each academic year DAI attracts 70+ excellent MSc students for their internships and final thesis projects, many of which are done in collaboration with industry and other departments.
DAI is responsible for developing and teaching core data science and AI courses at MSc level, including Foundations of AI, Research Topics in Data Mining, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Text Mining, Uncertainty Representation and Reasoning, Generative Models, as well as challenge-based education such as Data Challenges, and at BSc level including Data Mining and Machine Learning and Responsible Data Science.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
With over 100 (assistant, associate and full) professors, almost 200 PhD and PDEng students, about 1100 Bachelor students and 600 Master students, the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (M&CS) is one of the largest departments of the TU/e. By performing top-level fundamental and applied research, and maintaining strong ties with industry, M&CS aims to contribute to science and to innovation in and beyond the region.
This is reflected in a rich portfolio of projects and grants that our professors attract (including ERC and national level personal grants, H2020, NWO, and industry co-funded projects). M&CS is offering high-quality educational programs including multiple Bachelor and Master programs, all fully taught in English, including a full Data Science curriculum and a new Data Science and AI MSc program.
The Department covers three domains: Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science. DAI is a cluster inside the Data Science domain and there are many relations and collaboration opportunities with clusters in other domains.
The department's relationship with the high-tech industry in the Brainport region means that interested staff and students can contribute directly to the development of technological innovations with real-world relevance. The department has produced a number of successful spin-offs, and participates in many national and international research consortia.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
Tasks and profile
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Experience and interest in supporting a diverse team in a complex dynamic environment, with an outlook and aptitude appropriate to an institute of higher education.
- Background (e.g., higher-education degree) in communications, marketing, organizational studies or similar domains would be a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer/digital office tools.
- A very good command of the English language in writing and oral communication.
- Experience in preparing presentation materials.
- Interest in communicating research successes (e.g. PR via social media).
- Support with project management and administration.
- Helping to organize and host DAI short-term and long-term visitors.
- Helping to manage the DAI website and online presence.
- Coordination and organization of scientific, social, team building, and other incidental activities.
- Compilation of newsletters, reports, and other documentation.
We expect our future colleague to have an interest in the success of our team, in the personal and professional growth of all its members, and to be self-driven and with a mind-set of continual professional growth. We welcome applicants with an enthusiasm for the work of the domain in data and AI, being creative and fairly independent in achieving the agreed goals.
Conditions of employment
- A fun environment to work with many enthusiastic people.
- A dynamic work environment with development opportunities.
- A temporary appointment for a period of one year, to be assessed on the suitability for an employment contract for an indefinite period (if there is already a permanent contract at the TU/e, this will be maintained).
- A monthly salary of minimum €2,618 to maximum €3,298 for full-time employment, depending on your knowledge and experience (scale 6 collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities).
- In addition to vacation pay, a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- A selection model for additional fringe benefits.
- Working hours in consultation for an optimal work-life balance.
- Scope for your talent with advancement prospects and excellent development opportunities such as mentoring, workshops and coaching.
- Partially paid parental leave and reimbursement for commuting expenses, working from home and the internet.
- A generous employer contribution to the favorable ABP pension plan.
Here you can discover even more information about our conditions of employment
. Build on your career at TU/e!