Are you looking for a challenging job in a dynamic setting? The Accounting section
at the Amsterdam Business School (ABS)
, University of Amsterdam, invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position with focus on Sustainability/ESG Accounting to join our section.
The job entails a six-year tenure-track position. Conditional on meeting the tenure-track criteria, the school will offer a tenured position as Associate Professor. Candidates should have a PhD or expect to complete a PhD in the near future and should demonstrate potential for outstanding achievements in research and teaching. What are you going to do?
You will focus on research, teaching and outreach activities within the school. Tasks and responsibilities:
- You are expected perform research and teaching in the area of accounting with a preferred focus on sustainability and ESG topics;
- you will present and publish your research to an international scientific audience;
- you are active in the acquisition of research grants;
- you seek (knowledge) exchange and (research) cooperation with professionals in your research area;
- you contribute to the teaching programs. Your teaching load is moderate and all applicants are expected to teach in English;
- you make a positive contribution to the organization and cooperation within the University.
The Amsterdam Business School provides an inspiring and truly international research environment. Accounting, finance, data science, and sustainability are key pillars of the school. Business school researchers have access to excellent facilities, including all major financial databases, an experimental economics lab, and a behavioral lab. The school has strong connections with the accounting profession, the Big Four audit firms, and the local business community. The accounting section has a clear focus on doing high quality research and fosters diversity in terms of research topics and methods. It hosts an international seminar series and has strong ties with accounting groups from universities around the globe.