The postdoctoral researcher position is part of the research project Evidence Based clinical decision making using an open AI-tool (Acronym: ABC-AI; funded by the Open Science Fund from NWO)
. The aim of the project is to investigate the added value of Artificial intelligence in clinical decision making in doctors.
We are looking for a postdoc that is interested in answering the following questions;
- what is the added value of Artificial Intelligence in clinical decision making by clinical doctors?
- How can the use of an AI-driven tool be operationalized and optimised in daily clinical care?
- And what should be improved to make the tool better equipped to answer clinical questions?
Under supervision of Dr. J.K. Tijdink, and founders of the startup that created the tool, the researcher will find empirical answers to the above mentioned questions using quantitative research methods (survey study).
The results will lead to several international publications in the coming years.
- The researcher will design, preregister, perform and report and publish the survey among clinical doctors in different medical disciplines (psychiatry, surgery, internal medicine) and will evaluate the results using qualitative methods.
- The researcher coordinates and manages the data collection.
- The researcher performs the data analyses under supervision of the research team.
- The project will result in 1 or 2 research publications.
- The postdoctoral researcher will work according to the Open Science Principles outlined by NWO.
- The researcher will be part of the education group to teach students on research integrity and ethics.