As the ethics secretary, these are your responsibilities:
1) Coordinate Internal Review Boards (IRBs) of ERIM’s founding schools (RSM and ESE) to ensure timely review of research proposals and compliance with regulatory requirements.
2) Help ensure that all research proposals comply with relevant ethical guidelines and institutional policies.
3) Serve as a point of contact between researchers, IRB members and other stakeholders to provide guidance and address inquiries related to the ethical review process.
4) Contribute to the knowledge and awareness of ethical issues related to research within the department and university through discussions and meetings.
5) Maintain a relevant national network in the area of ethical review of research.
As part of the ERIM research support staff, these are your responsibilities:
1) Assist researchers with data management related requests (e.g., storage solutions, recommended tools, etc.)
2) Assist researchers in creating, maintaining and executing a data management plan.
3) Streamline the workflow between data management and the ethical review process.
We encourage you to apply for this role if:
- You are an outstanding and driven, professional with an educational background (MSc/MA, PhD) in social sciences, humanities or related discipline.
- You are a proactive problem-solver and you have experience with strategy and project management (e.g., agile) preferably within an academic environment.
- You are a results-oriented, analytical and sociable team player, with strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- You can interact with various offices, and build, maintain and manage a network of stakeholders across and connected to RSM, ESE, ERIM and EUR.
- You can work independently as well as in a team, with a hands-on and proactive attitude, and a keen eye for detail.
- You have a good command of spoken and written English and Dutch. (If your Dutch proficiency is insufficient, you are willing to take Dutch courses).