The faculty aims to increase the number of research grants. You will assist the funding officer in helping researchers to submit successful applications.
In close collaboration with the funding officer, the research policy officer, and colleagues at management and project control, your tasks will be:
• provide support for proposal submission and award nominations
• coordinate and facilitate the collection of management information (through Pure)
• create systematic awareness of grant opportunities (in part through tailor-made advice)
• target, contact and support potential applicants
• organize workshops and meetings on topics such as networking and impact.
University of Groningen
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic junior funding officer, who:
• has a Master’s degree preferably in Behavioural and Social Sciences
• has a keen interest in academic and scientific research and is able to link research topics with funding opportunities
• can work both independently and within a team
• has good communication skills and excellent abilities
• is bilingually fluent (Dutch and English) (min. C1 level)
• is able to prioritize and to carry out different tasks simultaneously
• is able to function well under stress and to meet strict deadlines
• has basic knowledge of budgeting and accounting
• has knowledge of and experience with Dutch and European funding schemes such as H2020.
Conditions of employment
The University of Groningen offers a salary dependent on qualifications and work experience of € 2,588 gross per month up to a maximum of € 4,084 gross per month (salary scale 10 Dutch Universities) for a full-time position. The appointment is temporary for a period of 1 year for 1.0 FTE. After this year there will be an evaluation whether the appointment can be extended with another year. The position is defined according to the UFO function profile ‘Medewerker kennisvalorisatie, niveau 4’.
The starting date should be as soon as possible.
You may apply for this position until 3 July 23.59h / before 4 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Applicants are requested to submit:
• a letter of motivation including their view on how the applicant’s profile fits with the job description
• an up-to-date curriculum vitae including the names and contact details of two references.
Applications without these documents will not be considered.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences
The Faculty of Behavioural and Social Sciences is looking for a junior funding officer (1.0 FTE) to strengthen the research support team. The team currently consists of the technical support facilities (circa 11 persons), a funding officer and a research policy officer.
Mrs C.E. (Camilla) Schaafsma
+31 50 3637620,
Mr C.W.A.M. (Kees) Aarts
+31 50 363180,