The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 3,545 gross per month (salary scale 11, Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 5,513 gross per month (salary scale 12) for a full-time position as assistant professor, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favorable tax treatment may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
The University of Groningen is an equal opportunities employer. Because women are still underrepresented in a number of fields, they are particularly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be appointed initially for a period of seven years, on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation at the end of the third year of employment. The seventh year is intended to compensate for any ‘life events’ (e.g. prolonged illness or parental leave) which might take place during the first six years. Based on a positive final evaluation in the sixth year, tenure will be granted and you will become Associate Professor.
The Tenure Track system is a career path which, if followed successfully, will lead to a full professorship.
We expect candidates to start by August 2019
You may apply for this position until 29 November 23:59 hrs. / before 30 November 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form(click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
You are requested to submit:
1. A motivation letter
2. A complete curriculum vitae
3. One self-selected “best paper” and three letters of recommendation
4. Teaching evaluations (if available) and a short statement of your research accomplishments and future research goals; and
5. An indication of whether you will be available for interviewing at the ASSA meeting (Atlanta, 4-6 January 2019) and/or for interviewing at the European Job Market of the EEA (Naples, 6-7 December 2018), or prefer having an interview via Skype.
6. Letters of recommendation can be sent to Mrs. Ellie Jelsema by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.