You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offer or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Post-doc will work in selected cities and engage with local stakeholders, to critically explore the capacity of local governments, societal organizations and utility companies, etc. in order to facilitate circular urban regeneration. Postdoc will support and guide the ongoing processes of the participating organizations based on the selected planning barriers and strategic innovative solutions designed to enable sustainable urban regeneration. For that purpose, postdoc should have an interest in the development of theoretical perspectives and conceptual approaches for enabling the urban regeneration and innovation. S/he should be able to assess the best practices of sustainable urban regeneration and transfer this approach for the set-up, implementation and assessment of the transdisciplinary case studies.
The duration of the PostDoc project is one year, with a possiblity of extension. The researcher is expected to perform the following tasks:
Research: Research in innovative circular urban regeneration.
Teamwork: Collaboration with the TU/e team and with other project partners on its activities, tasks and deliverables.
Travelling: Travel abroad to attend e.g. project meetings, summer scholars, conduct fieldwork, present work at conferences and grant submissions.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
We seek highly motivated candidates who hold a PhD in a relevant discipline such as urban planning, human geography, innovation studies or environmental sciences, who can show leadership and who can initiate link between research projects within the research group, both independently and in collaboration with other researchers. If you:
- have a proven record of research in one of the fields above;
- have an interest in or knowledge of urban innovation and experimentation and sustainable urban regeneration;
- are willing to conduct fieldwork within and/or outside the Netherlands;
- are willing to conduct transdisciplinary innovative sustainability research leading to publications and societal outcomes;
- hands-on experience with mixed methods, qualitative and quantitative;
- see added value in collaborating in multidisciplinary research projects;
- have a demonstrable ability to work within a team as well as independently;
- are proficient in both written and spoken English;
- have good communication skills;
- are available to start in early 2019.
Conditions of employment
A challenging job at a dynamic, high-ranking and ambitious University.
A salary is offered between € 2.972.- and € 4.274,- gross per month (gross), depending on knowledge and experience (based on salary scale 10 CAO Dutch Universities).
An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent technical infrastructure, child care, savings schemes, and excellent sports facilities, extra holiday allowance (8%, May), and end-of-year bonus (8.3%, December). Initially the postdoc will be hired for one year with the possibility of an extension. The project is expected to start early 2019.
Foreign experts may benefit from the 30% tax regulation in order to get a higher net salary, when granted.