- Your research field is technology-based learning; the main focus of IST is currently on open and STEM related learning systems, including online laboratories, simulations, VR applications and video
- You will develop a new line of research within this area or a broader area of technology-based learning; orientation of the position will be on the micro-level with a focus on learning processes
- Your teaching activities take place in several bachelor and master programs
University of Twente (UT)
Information and Application
- You are a versatile scientist with a background in educational science or educational psychology who is ready to develop a clear research line with a broad view on the field
- You are skilled to collaborate with colleagues who have a diversity of expertise
- You have a strong record in (international) project acquisition
- You are an excellent teacher
- You have extensive experience in PhD supervision
For more information please contact prof. dr. (Ton) de Jong, head of the department Instructional Technology: email@example.com; tel. 053-4893613. Submit your application (including curriculum vitae, list of publications, research statement, and two names of potential references) online before 29th April 2019 to the University of Twente, at the attention of Prof. dr. A.J.M. de Jong.
Conditions of employment
- A full-time appointment for 2 years with a prospect of a permanent position
- A stimulating scientific environment and hardworking colleagues
- A salary between € 5.039 and € 6.738,- gross per month, based on your experience
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment
- Ongoing professional development, including facilities in obtaining a teaching Qualification
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) strives to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. Through 'social engineering' these technological advances are embedded in society befitting human needs and behaviour, within proper public and private management and business structures. For this the faculty of BMS upholds high quality disciplinary knowledge in psychology, business administration, public administration, communication science, philosophy, educational science and health sciences. All with a focus on the challenges in society. Research is strongly connected to our institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.