You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offer or choose an item in the top navigation above.
As Video Publishing Officer you support the publication of videos for the online courses of the TU Delft Extension School (MOOCs, OpenCourseWare, Professional Education Courses and Online Academic Courses). The videos are recorded at the New Media Center, by external companies or by course teams themselves. Videos are published on YouTube or Kaltura and include subtitles.
Your tasks include the following:
• Prepare, plan and divide tasks among the student assistants.
• Communicate with course teams about the publication of their videos.
• Upload videos to YouTube, transform autocue text to subscripts and convert videos to different sizes.
• Check the quality of the video, such as sound quality and copyright.
• Embed videos in the different learning platforms.
• Create and update manuals.
• Train (new) student assistants.
• Monitor the progress and report to process manager.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague for this position. You are a good organiser, meticulous, and a real team player. You will ensure that you keep up to speed with the latest developments in video publishing and copyright. You are flexible and persuasive.
Additional job requirements:
• Skilled in English and Dutch in writing and speech.
• Living in the Netherlands or having a working permit to work here.
• Experience with YouTube as a producer.
• Familiar with the concept of Content Management Systems and Digital Asset Management Systems.
• Experience with internet tools FTP, PUTTY, SFTP, WebDAV is a plus.
• Knowledge about copyright is a plus.
The position is for 24 hours (0.6 FTE) a week. The contract is for 1 year with possibility of extension. The position is based on a scale 7 (with a maximum of €3.052,- based on a full-time appointment).
Hiring will be via FlexDelft. This is the internal payroll agency of the TU Delft.
Delft University of Technology is the leading University of Technology in the Netherlands with a global reputation in the fields of science, engineering & design. TU Delft’s mission is to make a significant contribution towards a sustainable society for the twenty-first century by conducting ground-breaking scientific and technological research which is acknowledged as world-class, by training scientists and engineers with a genuine commitment to society and by helping to translate knowledge into technological innovations and activity with both economic and social value.
Education and Student Affairs (ESA) provides educational support for the TU Delft (BSc, MSc, PhD and online education) and four departments: Education Service Centre (ESC), Academic Services (AS), Extension School (ES), and X (former Sports and Culture). ESA is known within the TU Delft for the high-quality service it provides and has a pro-active and solution-oriented culture. The AS Department is responsible for Student Development and Teaching & Learning Services (TLS), including support for various educational innovative programmes such as the Extension School for Open & Online Learning and the TU Delft Teaching Academy. The department’s mission is to be a catalyst for educational innovation at the TU Delft.
The Teaching and Learning Services team aims to be a partner for educational change and the development of teaching skills by offering effective, efficient, and accessible services, with state-of-the-art knowledge and understanding of education, innovation, and support systems.
The team consists of 30 people working in three teams: Support, Learning Development, and Education Innovation.
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
Mekelweg 2, 2628 CD, Delft