The University of Groningen Centre of Entrepreneurship (UGCE) seeks candidates to fill a full-time associate professor position, starting as soon as possible. We are seeking highly motivated candidates who demonstrate excellent research and teaching abilities and can be characterized as engaged scholars, with a good network of relevant actors from practice.
The tasks of the new colleagues can vary from:
- teaching BSc, MSc, PhD level of classes, and possibly training of executives / entrepreneurs or business developers
- researching in our programme on entrepreneurship processes in the context of health, energy, sustainability and with social, commercial and corporate reference frames
- conducting and publishing academic research
- contributing to organizing projects in which we build our living lab Venturelab North, or share and develop our practices, e.g. in EIT-Health context or Erasmus+ and regional ecosystem projects
- supervising PhD’s
- contributing to the organization of UGCE and the acquisition of new funds to develop our activities.
You will be part of a relatively new (since 2013) and small team (12 members). For an associate professor this means taking a leading role in supporting the development of junior members of the group in close collaboration with full professors in and associated to the group. There are also possibilities to work with PhD students in the group and other colleagues from other related research and teaching groups.
University of Groningen
We are looking for candidates who would meet the following requirements:
• a PhD in entrepreneurship, or a closely related field
• a demonstrated potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in top management journals
• proven interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and in mentoring students
• “engaged scholarship” mindset: ability and willingness to work with practice
• a relevant international network
• team player with good communication skills and flexible for workload management in the group.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, with a minimum of € 5,039 (salary scale 13 Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 6,738 (scale 14) gross per month for a full-time position. The gross salary is excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants
• a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
• based on your level of experience at the associate professor level, a 4 year contract with the possibility of a tenured contract as associate professor.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• a cover letter that explains the motivation for applying for this position
• a full curriculum vitae including a full list of publications and talks
• a research plan of 1-2 pages that includes future ideas for grant applications
• a teaching statement that contains a description of courses taught and teaching qualifications
• the names and contact details of two academic referees.
You can submit your application until 1 May 11:59pm / before 2 May 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be taken into consideration.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers.
University College Groningen
The University of Groningen Centre of Entrepreneurship (UGCE), is a dedicated centre for entrepreneurship education, research, and support systems. Together with University College Groningen, it forms a faculty of the University of Groningen dedicated to interdisciplinary studies of complex societal changes characterized by disruptive innovation and real uncertainty. In UGCE we focus on the role of entrepreneurship in such developments. We are active on important themes such as entrepreneurship in energy, health, renewal of industry, and sustainability. We are actively creating our own living labs with partners both in our region and (inter)nationally. Currently running research projects include corporate entrepreneurship (NWO grant “Developing human capital”), rare disease entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial psychology and cognition (mindset, imagination, opportunity recognition). We actively look at ecosystem support for technology based and social entrepreneurship. Our research methods range from process case study research to experimental and large data computational methods.
The capabilities of UGCE are organized in three connected pillars: a research centre, an Entrepreneurship College and Venturelab North, a living lab for active business development support. Our research is embedded in SOM, the graduate school of Faculty of Economics and Business and we collaborate with others interested in cultural leadership, technology based entrepreneurship and an interdisciplinary approach to studying complexity and uncertainty of societal challenges. In this we contribute on the role and behaviour of entrepreneurial actors. We are teaching in most schools and extracurricular for all interested students and in UCG we contribute by giving a special track on social entrepreneurship.
For business development and entrepreneurship support, we work together within Northern Knowledge with SBGG (business generator Groningen), Triade, Research & Valorisation, UMCG, Energy Academy Europe, Hanze University of Applied Sciences and we are allied via a double professor position to the Center of Entrepreneurship NIKOS of the University of Twente. Internationally we work together with among others Uppsala University (EIT Health Venturelab, Erasmus +), Higher school of Economics (Moscow, Russia), Sheffield University (Sheffield, UK), Thapar University (Patiala, India), and Fudan University (Shanghai, China).