You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Each year ERIM initiates and starts a substantial number of new and internationally oriented PhD research projects. The focus is on pioneering and innovative research in the field of management and business research.
ERIM distinguishes five areas of research in management and offers fully funded PhD research projects in the following fields: Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems (LIS), Organisation (ORG), Marketing (MKT), Finance & Accounting (F&A), and Strategy & Entrepreneurship (S&E).
The Marketing programme focuses on both managerial and consumer decision-making processes in marketing. The programme’s mission is to contribute to the body of knowledge of marketing in a way that has academic rigour, leads to new scientific insights and has practical relevance.
The three themes of the Marketing programme are: consumer behaviour, marketing management and strategy, and marketing modelling.
ERIM currently offers the following PhD project within its MKT research programme:
For a list and detailed description of all current ERIM PhD vacancies, please visit the ERIM website.
More information about ERIM PhD in Management programme can be found on www.erim.eur.nl/phd.
To be considered for a PhD position in Management at ERIM, you are expected to:
· hold an MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, or mathematics (depending on PhD project)
· have excellent results in your first degree or graduate study.
· show explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
· have a GMAT or GRE test result that is not older than five years, and an indication of the required score is 85% (required for all entering PhD students).
· have TOEFL or IELTS test results. For TOEFL we require a score of at least 100 on the internet-based test and 600 on the paper-based test. For IELTS there is a minimum score requirement of 7.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interviews with the potential supervisors.
Conditions of employment
Our PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendi) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR). Salary and benefits are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). Fixed, gross monthly salaries are € 2,325 in the first year, € 2,709 in the second year, € 2,835 in the third year, and € 2,972 in the fourth year. EUR has attractive employment conditions, which include a holiday allowance of 8 per cent, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3 per cent, and a generous number of vacation days.
Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration up to five years. The PhD position is intended to start 1 September 2020.
PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the-art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes - ESP), which ERIM set up for a wide range of research-related activities such as conference participation, international job markets, external courses, scientific and educational literature, visits to international supervisors, and international research studies.
We maken het je graag makkelijk, log in voor deze en andere handige functies: