TU/e is recruiting an EU Liaison Officer to be based in Brussels at the EuroTech Universities Alliance's Brussels office.About TU/e
TU/e is a leading international university of technology specializing in Engineering Science & Technology. Through excellent teaching and research we contribute to progress in the technical sciences, to the development of technological innovations, and as a result to the growth of prosperity and welfare in the region and beyond. TU/e maintains close links with industry, government and knowledge institutes in societally relevant areas such as healthcare, mobility and energy.
The EU Liaison officer will formally report to the university's Office for Strategic Industry and Government Affairs 'SIG'. SIG manages, in close cooperation with and in support of the board, the development of TU/e's strategic networks in politics, government and industry where impact (innovation) is paramount. Alongside the TU/e colleagues who are responsible for regional, national, international and industry networks, the EU Liaison officer will specifically develop TU/e's network in Brussels. For this reason, the Liaison officer will work in close cooperation with the Brussels office of the EuroTech Universities Alliance
. The EuroTech office in Brussels will also be your daily job location.About Eurotech Universities Alliance
The EuroTech Universities Alliance is a strategic partnership of leading European universities of science & technology committed to excellence in research and jointly developing solutions to the grand challenges of society. The members are: Technical University of Denmark (DTU), École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), École Polytechnique (L'X), Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Technical University of Munich (TUM). Through the promotion of in-depth collaboration across research and education and nurturing innovation and entrepreneurship, the Alliance combines the complementary strengths of its partner universities to jointly achieve multi-scale initiatives of societal benefit. The Alliance engages in policy definition with key EU stakeholders through the promotion of its experience and expertise. The Brussels office works to raise the profile and visibility of the Alliance on the European scene and to enhance the EuroTech Universities' participation in the Framework Programmes (Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe), ERASMUS + and other related EU funding programmes. The Brussels office consists of a head of office, an office manager, a communications officer and liaison officers. You will be one of the liaison officers, representing TU/e.Responsibilities and tasks
Typical responsibilities include:
- Building networks with relevant research, innovation and education stakeholders in Brussels and internationally.
- Contributing to the positioning of the Alliance in an EU context, in particular on EU research and innovation policy.
- Providing EU funding and policy intelligence to the key stakeholders in the Alliance.
- Leading on the development on of the activities within the Focus Area under TU/e leadership/co-leadership (currently AI) by delivering funding workshops, webinars, policy round tables and mapping exercises.
- Actively engaging in the development of all the Focus Areas of the Alliance in cooperation with the other Liaison Officers by building and maintaining communities of academics, innovation staff and education experts within the Alliance.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in TU/e, including management, scientists and administrative staff.
- Actively contributing to the development and implementation of the annual roadmap of the Brussels Office.
- Contributing to planning and execution of the EuroTech wide events and meetings.
- Advising the researchers, innovation and education experts within the Alliance on the development of major strategic EU proposals.
- Organizing partner searches to support academic consortiums during the proposal development.
- Preparing regular reports, updates, newsletters, policy papers and other documents for the stakeholders of the Alliance.
The successful candidate will be employed by and formally report to TU/e's SIG Office. In practical terms he/she will undertake tasks set by TU/e, as well as tasks in relation to the EuroTech Alliance as a whole. With regard to the latter, the Liaison officer's work will also be guided by the Head of the Brussels office and work with the EuroTech office's team in Brussels on a daily basis.