You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 3 Oct 2021).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Are you an expert in data-driven optimization, and intelligent decision support through methods of Artificial Intelligence? Do techniques like Neural Networks, Reinforcement Learning or Swarm Intelligence keep you working enthusiastically? We are looking for an assistant professor with a focus on these topics.
As a successful applicant, you will work on the interface between Artificial Intelligence and decision-making methods. Examples of research directions include but are not limited to: using machine learning (such as predictive modelling and reinforcement learning) to find better solutions to optimization problems, developing decision support tools that combine data-driven models with knowledge-based models. With an embedding of the position in the school of Industrial Engineering, special attention will be paid to applications of the methods and tools in domains such as logistics, transportation, service industries, high-tech manufacturing, and healthcare.
As an assistant professor, you will initiate, perform, and supervise high-quality research in the area of Information Systems. Depending on your background and expertise, your research will focus on the specific areas of Business Process Management, Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Business Engineering, Data-Driven Decision Making, or a related field. You will teach and co-develop courses in the Bachelor and Master Programmes of the School of Industrial Engineering; initiate and contribute to externally funded research projects; assist in the supervision of Ph.D. students and contribute to the management of the group and the department.
You will be embedded in the Information Systems group in the department of Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences. In that way you will of course directly collaborate with experts in areas such as Business Process Management, Business Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Business Engineering, Data-Driven Decision Making, but also with people from other disciplines in the department and the university as a whole. You will also benefit from our extensive international network of partner universities, research groups, and company contacts, with whom you will engage in joint research projects.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- A Ph.D. degree in a relevant field such as computer science, artificial intelligence, or information systems;
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
Conditions of employment
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, a tailor-made career proposal will be considered.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.