The University of Twente (UT) invites highly motivated and hardworking senior researchers with an excellent track record to apply for the position of full professor in Power Electronics (PE) within the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.The challenge
We offer a challenging position in a stimulating, enthusiastic, diverse, and international academic environment. You will have a high degree of independence and responsibility, while collaboration, both internally and externally, is strongly encouraged. Power Electronics & EMC (PE) is a young and growing research group at the University of Twente, established by combining power electronics expertise that the late Prof. Braham Ferreira brought along with the existing leading-edge EMC activities.
- Your research will focus on power electronics components, converters and systems.
- The position calls for a senior researcher with broad experience and vision to be able to lead the broad activities and expertise in the group from basic technology (power semiconductor devices, packaging) to integration of power electronics in systems (battery-enabled systems, energy access, mobility) including EMC and measurements aspects.
- You will play a central role in teaching power electronics to students of all levels.
- You will lead the PE group within our university, consisting of 6.1 fte scientific staff members and currently close to 30 PhD students.
- The Dutch government has invested significant funds to boost science & engineering research and education in The Netherlands (Sector Plan). The UT has chosen Power Electronics as a focus point for allocating these funds.
- The PE groups research is embedded in the recently established Centre for Energy Innovation at the UT, within the research programs Advanced Battery Technology and Digitalization of Energy Systems.