You will manage the events programme, and be responsible for the development and delivery of the programme of key events for the alumni community of over 145,000 graduates of Erasmus University Rotterdam.
You will ensure that every event has a clear purpose and is critically reviewed using feedback from attendees and other success criteria to ensure that the alumni team's efforts are focused on the most productive events with the greatest impact. Our aim, and your role, is to maximise the events on offer with appropriate investment, but also to provide options for future investment or sponsorship.
As alumni events officer, you are responsible for the daily operation and efficiency of the EUR alumni events programme. For this, you must collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, such as EUR graduates and key partners within the university including the EUR Corporate Marketing and Communications team, RSM's corporate and alumni events, and all university faculties. Working from an office within RSM in partnership with fellow alumni professionals you will be leading the way in creating a first-class alumni relations service for Erasmus University Rotterdam. You'll eport to the director alumni relations for EUR and RSM.Your main tasks
- Develop and deliver the EUR alumni events programme to the highest standards
- Supervise the planning and delivery of events from A to Z, including long-term strategy and budgeting
- Work closely with the university's corporate marketing team to identify forthcoming events which would be suitable for the alumni events programme
- Seek new event opportunities; define their purpose, propose the required resources, and plan what would be required to trial them
- Maintain a central calendar of alumni events and other relevant events delivered within EUR, ensure it is accessible and widely promoted, and identify opportunities for alignment with internal and external partners
- Review completed events to ensure objectives were achieved, check complete analysis of feedback, and identify, develop and document recommendations for future improvement
- Work with other teams and departments to promote and organise events
- Act as a point of contact for queries about events from guests and alumni by telephone, letter, email and other channels; respond in a timely and efficient manner.