Nowadays, we have access to massive amounts of geospatial data at unprecedented spatial, temporal, and thematic scales. Hence, data availability is becoming less of an issue for most applications. However, the development of methodological approaches that can transform these large and heterogeneous datasets into actionable geoinformation remains a challenge.
You will contribute to educational and research activities in the broad domain of geospatial data science. More precisely, the tasks to be carried out include (but are not limited to):
- Teach in our scientific geocomputing, spatio-temporal modelling, and big geodata processing courses.
- Carry out scientific research and support its valorization. This includes designing, implementing, and disseminating free and open-source solutions for geospatial data handling.
- Support project acquisition and execution related to geospatial information technology.
- Support the creation of courseware for in-house and distance education.
- Contribute to the supervision of MSc students (including MSc research theses).
You should expand GIP capacities significantly in at least one of the following technical areas: scientific programming, data-driven modelling, geodata organization and big geodata management, modelling and integration.