"Creating positive societal impact: the Erasmian way" is central in the strategy of the Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
The Erasmus Centre for Data Analytics
(ECDA) facilitates Erasmus University Rotterdam and its public and private partner organisations in preparing society for a data-driven future, hands-on and human-centered, towards a sustainable world. ECDA brings together academic experts, organisation leaders and students, and offers access to world-class education and research, meaningful know-how, data analytics tools and a relevant network to societal and business organisations. This boosts a future for the use of data analytics and AI in business and society, and increases the benefits from the digital transformation.
- Facilitates hands-on education to students and executives.
- Organises exclusive events, seminars, and summits
- Offers a learning community that includes public and private organisations, academia and students
- Facilitates multi-disciplinary research and innovation based on over 25 expert practices on data analytics, digitalisation and AI
- Offers infrastructure for data, analytics, and AI in collaboration with technology partners.
That's why ECDA is looking for a Marketing and Communications manager
from 1 July 2022.
Taking the lead in communications for ECDA, you will shape and implement the marketing and communications strategy for its community and society at large, with an outside-in perspective. You will focus on multidisciplinary engagement for data analytics and AI, and activate the RSM and EUR community to link them with public and private stakeholders. With the Executive Directors and the project and business development managers, you will ensure that ECDA activities inspire and stimulate our external stakeholders, staff and students.
Would you like to be instrumental in making progress towards a better and data-driven future?Your main tasks
- Creating and implementing a marketing and communications strategy for ECDA.
- Managing media and public relations
- Monitoring trends and organisations, and organising communications involving stakeholders and the ECDA community to make ECDA visible inside and outside the university
- Training, informing and guiding the ECDA team and the Academic Directors with projects, partners, and communications, and helping them fulfil their roles in communicating ECDA's activities
- Managing and contributing to ECDA's reputation
- Creating and monitoring ECDA's content planning and strategy, and maintaining relations with various editing boards, external teams and networks, and student networks including the Erasmus Tech Communit
- Managing ECDA's marketing and communications activities and events with your office and event colleagues. This includes our annual report and the annual Erasmus Data Summit event
- Designing and planning marketing campaigns and researching appropriate media outlets
- Developing communication media, writing and editing texts for various target groups and media, including websites, news, social media and other platforms
- Handling general press enquiries and interview requests, and where necessary, working with spokespeople from EUR and RSM
- Working with colleagues to further expand the ECDA portfolio in terms of partners' engagement, practical applications of our expertise, our platform and the ECDA community.