You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 31 Aug 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
We are [DACS](https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/dacs/), the Design and Analysis of Communication Systems group at the [Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS)](https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/) of the University of Twente. Our mission is to contribute to the development of the trusted and resilient Internet that is needed by our society. We do that by performing top research and by educating students. To get a detailed understanding of the operation and (mis)use of our core Internet and its connected mobile and wireless communication infrastructures, we design and execute methods to measure and analyse the traffic flowing over these networks, e.g., to detect anomalies and attacks. Further, we design architectures, protocols, and algorithms for existing and future network systems to certify that they provide the required functionality, performance, security, and resilience. We are a group of around 30 people, including (full/associate/assistant) professors, part-time professors, and Ph.D.-students. We would like to extend our team with an assistant professor in the broad field of networks and their security.
At DACS, we strongly believe that scientists can really excel when working as a team. Therefore, we intensively cooperate within the team, with the outside world, and across disciplines. We expect from the new professor to develop and explore a new subdiscipline within the team and to contribute to acquiring research funding. As we are experiencing significant growth in the number of Ph.D. candidates, you will be involved in their day-to-day supervision. With respect to education, DACS teaches to a wide range of students at various levels. At bachelor level, we teach basic networking courses to Technical Computer Science and Electrical Engineering students as well as introductory courses and minors to students from other programs at the University of Twente. At master level, we teach more advanced courses for the Cybersecurity and Internet Science & Technology specializations of the Computer Science master program, and for the Electrical Engineering and Embedded Systems master programmes. We expect the new professor to contribute to our education in networking and network security, and to take responsibility for their own (part of a) course.
University of Twente (UT)
- You have a strong interest and have shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment.
- We encourage you to apply if:
- you have a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline;
- you have demonstrated the ability to perform high-quality research in a field relevant to the DACS group;
- you have shown a willingness to acquire external funding and are prepared to expand your skills in this respect;
- you have good communication skills and are a team player;
- you are fluent in English (knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage);
- you have a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent or you are willing to acquire one within three years.
Conditions of employment
- We offer a fulltime permanent position with a one-year probationary period (formally a 1-year contract with prospect of permanent contract).
- We offer the perspective to grow to a more senior position. Persons already qualifying for such a position are also encouraged to apply.
- Our terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %.
- Depending on your relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 3974,-- (scale 11) to € 6181,-- (scale 12) gross per month.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- A solid pension scheme.
- We are a family-friendly institution, which offers parental leave for both parents (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
- Furthermore, we offer excellent professional and personal development programs.
- Finally, you will work in a lively, inspiring, and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization, where you will have a high degree of responsibility and independence.