You are a dynamic and ambitious researcher with a strong profile, demonstrable by international publications and an international academic network. Your publications show broad knowledge of film and media from a cultural perspective, familiarity with current debates in film theory, media aesthetics and/or film histories and media archaeology, and a strong affinity with film studies in the larger field of media studies. Your research is interdisciplinary and fits into at least one of ASCA's research constellations (see above).
You are able to develop and provide modules on on a wide range of media topics, in particular film and its various forms and expressions, as well as its intersections with digital and/or social media, popular and visual culture, the arts and other related disciplines. Important is proven flexibility in teaching on topics beyond your own research focus and expertise, and the ability to offer inspiring lectures and tutorials in the BA, MA and minor programmes that aspire to a diverse group of students. You like to work in teams, are collegial and resistant to stress when it gets busy.Your experience and profile:
- holds a PhD in Media and Culture with relevant research focus in film;
- has an international academic network in the research area concerned;
- provides research output commensurate with the level of the position;
- is an active and ambitious researcher with a strong publication record;
- demonstrates ability and ambition to obtain external research grants;
- has broad and relevant teaching experience at BA, MA and PhD level;
- has excellent command (near-native fluency) of both Dutch and English. An active and passive command of Dutch must be acquired within two years of the employment contract and the state examination for Dutch as a Second Language programme II must be passed;
- is a good team worker and versatile at all levels, capable of multidisciplinary co-operation;
- has excellent organisational and coordination experience as well as proven management skills;
- has acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or is willing to acquire this within the first two years.