Fixed-term contract: 84 months.
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities a full-time position as Assistant Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science and:
● a salary, depending on qualifications, work experience and your career stage, from € 3,974 (salary scale 11) up to a maximum of € 6,181 gross per month (salary scale 12 ) for a full-time position
● holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary;
● a pension scheme
● maternity and parental leave
● the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE)
● a mentor program and a broad range of opportunities for personal development
● dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As Assistant Professor you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor. After another 4 to 7 years you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en