We are currently looking for a new colleague to join our AUC Board of Examiners (BoE) secretariat!
Are you a person who has the management and communication skills that are pivotal in a supporting staff role? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with diverse and international students and staff? We would love to hear from you!What are you going to do?
As Secretary to the Board of Examiners, you will support the Board of Examiners in handling student requests, appeals and quality control. Your task will include the preparation, administration and documentation of the Board of Examiners. This includes the planning and preparation of the agenda of the board meetings, the documentation of decisions, and preparation of the annual report. Clear communication and cooperation with colleagues in the Registrar and Admissions office and the academic staff is essential. You will work closely with another Secretary to the Board of Examiners, who is currently supporting the BoE with more legal dossiers at AUC.
You will be the central point for questions from colleagues and students about the rules and regulations and their practical implications within the programme. This will involve the organisation of student requests in Topdesk, organisation of meetings in Microsoft Teams, and being able to access information in a number of other databases.
You will participate in expert networks with other secretaries of boards of examiners from VU and UvA. The work of a Secretary to the Board of Examiners is very dynamic and continuously changing. This requires flexibility, but also continuous development and training.
The Secretary will report to the Head of the Registrar and Admissions team of AUC.
As the secretary of the Board of Examiners, your duties include (amongst others):
- organising, preparing and recording meetings of the BoE.
- preparing and handling student requests, such as exemption requests, extra exams, requests for electives, complaints regarding exams/exams;
- coordinating fraud and plagiarism cases and appeals;
- supporting committee members in the implementation of quality assurance of testing and assessment;
- supplying information, key figures and control figures for the production of the annual report.
- supporting policy and decision-making of the BoE by obtaining and collecting important information that supports the decision-making information of the BoE;
- make proposals for the adjustment of existing procedures and regulations and after obtaining prior approval to change them;
- monitor and promote compliance established procedures, decisions and agreements