Wageningen University & Research
The mission of Wageningen University & Research is "To explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life". Under the banner Wageningen University & Research, Wageningen University and the specialised research institutes of the Wageningen Research Foundation have joined forces in contributing to finding solutions to important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With its roughly 30 branches, 7,200 employees (6,400 fte) and 13,200 students and over 150.000 participants to WUR's Life Long Learning, Wageningen University & Research is one of the leading organisations in its domain. The unique Wageningen approach lies in its integrated approach to issues and the collaboration between different disciplines.
Education and Student Affairs
'Education and Student Affairs' (ESA) is a central department in Wageningen University and Research, responsible for the strategy, the implementation, the support for- and innovation of- its education. The department matches supply and demand in education, is responsible for all the administrative processes, guarantees the quality of its education and develops and implements the university's vision on education. In addition to its accredited educational BSc and MSc programmes, ESA initiates and develops new educational activities, including an online education portfolio and professional education. More than 200 employees work at the department of Education and Student Affairs.
The Education Support Centre
As part of ESA, the Education Support Centre (ESC) aims to optimize learning, teaching, and educational innovation at our university. ESC seeks to inspire lecturers, facilitate and support their teaching and the education environment, and to enhance lecturers' professional competences.
For 18 years, Wageningen University and Research has had a leading position in the Netherlands. This standing is a recognition of the quality of education provided, the education facilities and its continued implementation of ambitious plans related to blended and open and online education. The Education Support Centre has grown rapidly over the last few years and now employs around 80 staff, organised in 7 teams:
- Training & Advice - offers pedagogical advice and educational training, workshops and courses, such as the University Teaching Qualification; (Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs).
- Open & Online - supports the development and implementation of open and online education via professional learning, Massive Open Online Courses, etc.
- Online Learning Environment - offers functional management of the digital learning environment (Brightspace) and emerging educational technology applications.
- Educational Media - supporting the production of media and associated capture and distribution technologies.
- Digital Examination - 2.960responsible for all the digital assessments in education and associated technologies.
- Society Based Education - stimulates and organises real life cases in education offered by societal partners (from business, governmental-, to civil society organisations).
- Education Support Service Desk - offers a central point of contact for teachers at Wageningen University, forming a bridge between educators, students and the other teams within ESC.
Read the 5 reasons
why your future colleagues enjoy working at WUR and watch this video
to get an idea of our green campus!We will recruit for the vacancy ourselves, so no employment agencies please. However, sharing in your network is appreciated.