Fixed-term contract: 60 months.
We offer you a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant or Associate Professor and:
- a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3,974 up to a maximum of € 5,439 gross per month (scale 11 CAO Dutch Universities, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position
- a starting package of € 40k to travel, organize workshops, etc., as well as access to additional resources for education development projects
- holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary
- a pension scheme
- maternity and parental leave
- the possibility to work part-time (0.9 FTE or 0.8 FTE)
- a personal development trajectory and a mentor program
- dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Alternatively, if you would be appointed at Associate Professor level, we will offer you a full-time tenured position as Associate Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science and Engineering, under the same conditions as stated above, but with:
- a salary, dependent on qualifications and work experience, from € 5,506 up to a maximum of € 7,362 gross per month (scale 13 or 14 CAO Dutch Universities) for a full-time position
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/work-with-us/
As Assistant Professor you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. Note that our career system has recently been updated and one of the most important changes is that Assistant Professors are appointed for six years and apply for tenure between one to three years after the start of their appointment. Assistant Professors and Associate Professors can apply for promotion to respectively Associate Professor and Full Professor at a time of their choosing, by default after having been appointed for at least five years. Please consider Career Paths in Science and Engineering for a complete description of our tenure track system, as well as the criteria for promotion: