You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Erasmus University Rotterdam aims to contribute to better health based on smarter choices, which are inspired by original research. To leverage this it has started a new initiative: the Erasmus Initiative ‘Smarter Choices for Better Health’. This ambitious initiative will drive research around this complex issue, from various perspectives, and focuses on four themes: Prevention of Health Care, Value Based Health Care, Evaluation of Health Care, and Health Equity. ‘Smarter Choices for Better Health’ creates a critical mass of high quality research and offers excellent opportunities to generate significant impact in society. Currently ‘Smarter Choices for Better Health’ (theme Evaluation of Health Care) offers a new opportunity for a position of
PhD-student Eliciting Laundered Preferences in the Context of Health and Wellbeing (1.0 fte)
at Erasmus School of Philosophy (ESPhil) of Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR).
We expect you to:
- Start the position as soon as possible, or 1 March 2019 at the latest.
- Complete a PhD thesis within the four-year contract period.
- Play an active role in the research community by participating in research seminars and events, and organizing research events on your own related to your research, and to other research programmes within Erasmus School of Philosophy (https://www.eur.nl/esphil/onderzoek/onderzoeksprojecten).
For a description of the PhD-project: please see attachments.
- You will have completed (or be near to completing) a master’s degree in philosophy by the time that you take up your position (having a background in economics and having some affinity with policy-related issues and empirical quantitative research are a plus).
- You are highly motivated to pursue a PhD in philosophy on the topic indicated (“Eliciting Laundered Preferences in the Context of Health and Wellbeing”)
- Your academic work and record demonstrates your ability to argue rigorously, to structure your ideas clearly, and to engage with academic literatures critically and creatively.
- You have a good command of English, and strong communication and academic writing skills.
Fixed-term contract: 14 months in which the candidate’s suitability is evaluated. If the candidate is suitable, then an additional contract of 34 months follows, leading to a total appointment of 4 years.
This position comes with good employment conditions, compliant with the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO NU). The position begins with a temporary employment contract for 14 months in which the candidate’s suitability is evaluated. If the candidate is suitable, then an additional contract of 34 months follows, leading to a total appointment of 4 years. The salary is in accordance with the doctoral candidate scale of the CAO NU. For a full-time appointment, the salary is € 2,266 gross per month during the first year, which will increase annually up to € 2,897 gross per month in the fourth year. In addition, the attractive employment package includes an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, generous leave provisions for a healthy work-life balance, a good pension scheme, excellent options for collective insurance, and a provision for the use of the Internet at home. The employee may also use a number of campus facilities, such as sports facilities and the library.
The Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR), named after Rotterdam-born humanist and theologian Erasmus, is a research university with a strong international orientation and a pronounced social focus, both in its education and research activities. On the lively, modern campus, more than 28.000 students and scholars of more than 100 nationalities are constantly encouraged to develop their talents and meet their ambition. Our more than 2700 scientists and employees work together with all our students to solve challenges faced by global society, drawing their inspiration from the consistently dynamic and cosmopolitan city of Rotterdam. The academic education offered at our faculties is intensive, engaging and strongly focused on practical application. We increasingly perform our research in multidisciplinary teams, which are closely interwoven with international networks. In terms of research impact and the quality of its degree programmes, EUR can compete with the foremost universities in Europe, which is reflected in its consistent top-100 position in most major universities rankings. Erasmus University Rotterdam’s key values are daring, curiosity, social involvement, breaking new ground and striving for success http://www.eur.nl
Erasmus School of Philosophy – ESPhil
Erasmus School of Philosophy of the Erasmus University Rotterdam is a leading research and teaching institution in the Netherlands. The faculty has a broad international orientation, with many international students and staff members and strong connections with universities abroad. The research programmes of the academic staff members (roughly 20 in total) are leading in their field.
Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR)
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA, Rotterdam
We maken het je graag makkelijk, log in voor deze en andere handige functies: