Fixed-term contract: 84 months.
We offer you a full-time position as Assistant Professor in our faculty’s tenure track system Career Paths in Science and:
• a salary, depending on qualifications and work experience, from € 3.637 up to a maximum of € 5.656 gross per month (scale 11 or 12 CAO Dutch Universities, depending on your career stage) for a full-time position
• holiday allowance and end-of-year bonus of respectively 8% and 8.3% of your yearly salary;
• a pension scheme
• paid parental leave
• the possibility to work part-time (90% or 80%)
• dual career support for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen
Consider our website for more information about the working conditions at the University of Groningen: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/
As Assistant Professor you will enter a tenure track that, if followed successfully, will lead to a Full Professorship in approximately 10 years. In case of a full-time contract, you will initially be appointed for 7 years and your performance will be assessed after 5 years. This moment may be extended with at most one year in case of a life event (e.g. prolonged illness or maternity leave). If your assessment is positive, you will get a tenured appointment as an Associate Professor. After another 4 to 7 years you will be assessed for promotion to the position of Full Professor. Please consider Career Paths in Science for a complete description of our tenure track system as well as the criteria for promotion: https://www.rug.nl/fse/organization/vacatures/vacatures/career-paths-in-science-edition-4?lang=en.
We invite you to submit a complete application including:
• a cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position
• a curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications
• a list of five self-selected ‘best papers’
• a statement of your teaching goals and experience
• a description of your scientific interest and plans
• a list with names of references
You may apply for this position until 6 June 11.59pm / before 7 June 2019 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
The selection interviews will take place in the last week June or beginning of July.
The University of Groningen is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the NVP Recruitment Code and the European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers from the European Commission.