As part of our ambition to develop our expertise in board dynamics and corporate governance, the Management and Organisation department of the School of Business and Economics is seeking to recruit a new colleague. Specifically, we are looking for a qualitative researcher who has a background in conducting inductive studies on various topics related to strategic leadership, board dynamics, and corporate governance.
The department of Management & Organisation at the School of Business and Economics of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is an interdisciplinary community of scholars, committed to the study of organisations and organising, and relevant grand challenges associated with sustainability, responsibility, and equity.
In doing so, we draw on multiple perspectives, encompassing entrepreneurship, organisational behavior/HRM, strategy, organisational theory, and a diversity of methodological approaches. We are driven by our mission to do "science with purpose", that inspires us to do relevant and rigorous research, enables us to offer innovative education, and equips us with evidence-based tools and approaches to help organisations to operate effectively, while also serving society.
With a strong track record of publishing in leading journals such as the Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Management Studies, and Organisation Science, the department has a strong voice in the leading management and organization science communities and also through serving on the boards of the Academy of Management, European Group for Organisational Studies, and the European Academy of Management. As part of the Department, we host specialized VU Knowledge Hubs focused on developing research and education on contemporary themes, such as board dynamics, business and society, diversity and inclusion, and business ecosystems.
Next to offering high ranked Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate education programs, we also collaborate with organisations in offering tailor-made programs concerned with the strategy execution, board dynamics, change and leadership development.Your duties
- initiating and performing high-quality research in the field of Corporate Governance and Board Dynamics. Your research results in top tier publications and grant acquisitions
- contributing to the VU Knowledge Hub for Boards Research and Leadership
- teaching and designing courses at the executive level, master level (e.g., MSc Business Administration, and/or MBA and Executive MBA), and bachelor level (e.g., the SBE International Business Administration). You also supervise bachelor and master theses
- supervising PhD candidates
- contributing to the Department and School, e.g., by serving on committees