Eindhoven University of Technology offers academic education that is driven by fundamental and applied research. Our educational philosophy is based on personal attention and room for individual ambitions and talents. Our research meets the highest international standards of quality. We push the limits of science, which puts us at the forefront of rapidly emerging areas of research.
The Electromechanics and Power Electronics group is one of the nine research groups of the Department of Electrical Engineering at TU/e. The group is the main center for research in electromechanical power conversion and power electronics in the Netherlands. The research is aligned with the three main strategic research themes of the Eindhoven University of Technology, i.e. Energy, Health and Smart Mobility. The four research tracks of the EPE group are high-tech motion systems and robotics, power electronics systems, smart mobility and advanced modeling. Furthermore, the group is one of the founders of the High Tech Systems Center in which all mechatronic knowledge of the TU/e will be bundled.Vacancy
We are looking for a Lab Manager for the laboratories of Electromechanics and Power Electronics Group, at the Department of Electrical Engineering.Responsibilities
The position includes dealing with technical laboratory activities, management and technical support in education and research processes.
The candidate is:
- Managing full operation and maintenance of the power lab and its equipment's (mechanical, electronics, electromechanical and electromagnetic equipment's);
- Responsible for the selection and buying of components and equipment;
- Managing licenses of administrating design software;
- Managing the laboratory infrastructure and equipment's (research and educational laboratories) and keeping updated of developments in the field of Electromechanical and Power Electronics;
- Responsible for defining Health and Safety procedures and ensuring to keep them operational;
- Supporting the Group (researchers and scientific staff) on lab educational and research activities, contributing with designing, advising on choice of software, parts, equipment and materials, assembling and testing of a variety of lab setups;