Fixed-term contract: 18 months.
A challenging position in a socially involved organization. On full-time basis the remuneration amounts to a minimum gross monthly salary of €3,974 (scale 11)
and a maximum €5,439 (scale 11), depending on your education and experience. The job profile, Assistant Professor is based on the university job ranking system and is vacant for at least 0.8 FTE.
We offer a tenure track/career track position at the level of Assistant Professor.
A career plan to grow from Assistant Professor lv. 2 (profile Universitair Docent 2, salary scale 11) to Assistant Professor lv. 1 (profile Universitair Docent 1, salary scale 12) will be made and formalized in a tailored tenure track/career track agreement. (with specific performance indicators).
The initial appointment will be for a period of 18 months including two months' probation. 15 months after the starting date, performance will be evaluated. After a successful evaluation permanent employment will be granted.
The starting package will include:
- One PhD student per new permanent staff member.
Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- contribution to commuting expenses
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package
- good paid parental leave arrangement
- the possibility to work partly from home (hybrid working)
- on campus child day-care, sport facilities, family support programs including: dual career workshops, Dutch language class, tax & insurance workshop (some might have additional costs)
- certain tax benefits (30% ruling) might apply to international candidates
- help and assistance with relocation (international candidates).