You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 14 Apr 2023).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
The Semantics, Cybersecurity and Services (SCS) group at the University of Twente is looking for a researcher/postdoc to join the research team, working at the intersection of AI and cybersecurity. The position is embedded in a project, in collaboration with Accenture Labs, that aims to investigate the adoption of AI and semantic analysis techniques for threat analysis, detection, and response. Within this project, the candidate will research, design, and develop novel AI-based approaches to automatically analyze cyberthreats, assess their semantics and risks, and reason about response actions. The candidate will be appointed full-time for a period of one year, after which a contract extension will be evaluated. There are also possibilities to be appointed for a shorter amount of time, e.g., six months.
University of Twente (UT)
- You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher, aspiring to do world-class research and have real-world impact.
- You have a MSc degree with excellent grades in computer science or similar, or a PhD degree with a strong publication record in computer science or similar.
- You are specialized in the domain of system security or AI; a solid background in both areas or in semantic data analyses are of additional advantage.
- You are an independent and original thinker with a creative mindset and excellent analytical and communication skills.
- You are curious and interested in learning how things work and how to make them better.
- You have great team spirit and like to work in an internationally-oriented and interdisciplinary environment.
- You are fluent in English.
Conditions of employment
- You will be appointed full-time for (up to) one year within a very stimulating and exciting scientific environment;
- The University offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues;
- Your salary and associated conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU);
- Gross salary between € 2.960,- and € 4.670,- per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid);
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other staff.
Digitalization brings many new opportunities for businesses and governments by fostering the development of innovative online services. However, this development also brings new challenges, notably in terms of intelligence, interoperability, security, and privacy. The mission of the Semantics, Cybersecurity and Services (SCS) group is to advance the development of innovative online services with improved quality through context-alignment and with reduced security and privacy threats.
SCS is part of the Twente University Centre for Cybersecurity Research (TUCCR), a public-private partnership where experts, professionals, entrepreneurs, researchers, and students from industry and knowledge partners collaborate to deliver talents, innovations, and know-how in the domain of cybersecurity. The mission of TUCCR is to strengthen the security and digital sovereignty of our society by performing top-level research on real-world data, systems, and network security challenges. To achieve significant societal impact, TUCCR combines technical, socio-economic, and ethical know-how and is equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure, ranging from security labs, testbeds, and data lakes.