Are you looking for a challenging job in a dynamic team? The department of Media Studies of the Faculty of Humanities is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced project manager.
The Critical Infrastructure Lab, a project funded by the Ford Foundation, the Internet Society, and the Open Technology Fund at the Media Studies Department of the University of Amsterdam was established in October 2022. The lab aims to develop new infrastructural futures that center people and planet of profit and capital.What are you going to do?
The most important part of your job is enabling for the team of researchers to do their work by taking care of administrative and project management tasks.
We are looking for someone who is diligent and precise and who enjoys administrative processes, structuring complex workflows. In short, someone who is not scared by spreadsheets and Gantt charts but actually enjoys them.Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the project's communication with its funders and assist in fundraising;
- Lead the project narrative and financial reporting to the funders;
- Liaise with the project office of the University;
- Maintain the project website, mailing lists, and social media;
- Help organise project events such as exhibitions, infrastructures walks, conferences and retreats;
- Help manage the publication of books, special issues, and popular culture products;
- Write short events reports and blog posts.