Wouldn't it be great to work for the world champion of robot soccer, a place where we develop the health care robots that are going to change the way we work and live in the future? A place where we are researching and developing new ways of sustainable energy sources. Where fundamental research takes place on how to cure uncurable diseases. Or maybe the area of autonomous cars is what makes your heart beat faster. All of these, and many other, technologies and innovations need a solid ICT environment to work well. Sounds cool? Read on!
To expand our team of ICT professionals we are looking for several system & cloud engineers (Linux and/or Windows).
The system & cloud engineer maintains our hybrid cloud environment which consists of an on-premise datacenter (Linux & Windows), High performance computer clusters (HPC) and a steadily growing cloud landscape mainly based on Azure and other SAAS providers. You are the expert in this environment and participate in campus wide projects to optimally support our research, development and students.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
Profile we are looking for:
- Maintain and improve our hybrid server infrastructure (Depending on background i.e. Active Directory, ADFS, Windows Server 2012R2/2016, RedHat Linux, Azure, O365, Vmware, etc);
- Participate and collaborate with project teams to manage system interdependencies;
- Analyze technical issues, provide feedback to both internal organization and suppliers;
- 3rd line incident & changes;
- Continuous improvement of our server environment;
- Subject matter expert within business projects;
- Customer and supplier contact point;
- Translate business requirements into technology solutions;
- Virtual team member of multidisciplinary teams (e.g. CERT);
- Initiate, plan and execute lifecycle projects
What you need:
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude;
- Take initiative, be creative and flexible;
- Able to make decisions;
- Collaboration skills;
- Able to work independently and prioritize own work;
- Customer focused;
- Someone who thrives in a research environment.
- Bachelor or higher educational level;
- Microsoft or Linux certification or proven track record;
- VMware certification or proven track record is considered an advantage;
- Experience with cloud techniques or eager in this area (Azure,O365,AWS,etc);
- Basic knowledge of networking & storage;
- ITIL experience on foundation level;
- Experience with Prince2 methodology is considered an advantage;
- HPC experience is considered an advantage.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Conditions of employment
- A challenging full-time appointment in a dynamic and ambitious university;
- The position comes with a very attractive job package that features benefits including pension subsidence, ample vacation days (41) and a fixed end-of-year bonus (8,3%);
- A competitive salary monthly salary depending on knowledge and experience;
- An extensive package of fringe benefits (e.g. excellent technical infrastructure, the possibility of child care and excellent sports facilities).
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply using the 'apply now'-button.
The selection of applicants and the job interviews will start immediately until we find enough suitable candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.