We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary of € 2,325 gross per month in the first year to a maximum of € 2,972 gross per month in the final year (salary scale PhD), based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE)
- an 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end of the year bonus
- a position for four years. Each successful candidate will first be offered a temporary position of one year with the option of renewal for another three years. Prolongation of the contract is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year to indicate that a successful completion of the PhD thesis within the contract period is to be expected. A PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidate will be enrolled in the Graduate School Science and Engineering of the Faculty
The conditions of employment: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/
The preferred starting date is 1 September 2019.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include (a single PDF file):
• cover letter with background and motivation to apply for this position
• curriculum vitae, including details of bachelor and master degrees, list of wet-lab and structural biology experience as well as other skills and a publication list, if applicable
• detailed (1-2 pages) description of previous research experience, such as the bachelor/master research projects: indicate exactly your contribution
• contact details of 2 academic references who can provide information on your suitability for the position.
You may apply for this position until 2 July 11:59 h / before 3 July 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the online application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Interviews are scheduled to take place in July 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Fixed-term contract: 48 months