You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offer or choose an item in the top navigation above.
We are looking for a PhD candidate for the project: Enabling Governance Arrangements for Next Generation Agri Biorefinery Technology.
The development of innovative biorefinery technologies inherently challenges existing policies and legal frameworks, and may trigger societal controversies due to uncertainties, conflicting frames, or poor stakeholder involvement. This PhD project will: i) analyze the mechanisms contributing to (potential) controversies; (2) design and experiment with stakeholder involvement arrangements to enable responsive innovation; (3) identify mismatches with current EU and domestic policies, and (4) propose policy frameworks that encourage agri biorefinery technology innovation.
This PhD project is part of the larger EU-funded AgRefine project, which aims to improve the agricultural sector's competitiveness and sustainability by creating new and optimizing existing agri-resource and -waste valorization mechanisms. AgRefine brings together an interdisciplinary team of researchers from six European universities and research institutes, as well as a range of stakeholders. AgRefine is currently recruiting 15 PhD researches. Each PhD project will combine research activities with trainings, workshops, and secondments at practitioner organizations.
Wageningen University & Research
The candidate must have obtained a Master level degree in political sciences, public administration, environmental governance, innovation studies, or related field. Affinity with governance, policy and/or institutional theories will be deemed advantageous.
Conditions of employment
A salary of € 2.325 gross for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Dutch Universities (scale P). Your salary increases every year up to € 2.972 gross (at fulltime employment) for the 4th year of your PhD. Also, an appointment of 0.8 FTE is negotiable.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
Wageningen University & Research
The mission of our University is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment. With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 employees, and 10,000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.