De Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) heeft een vacature voor een:
You cannot apply for this job anymore.
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
Strateeg Datamanagement & Business Intelligence (1,0 FTE)
Afdeling: Informatie en Expertise Centrum (IEC)
Would you like to work on shaping tomorrow's world? Contribute to groundbreaking innovations and developments in technology and science? Are you ambitious, passionate about data-driven work, do you like having freedom in your work and do you like to work together with others in an international and multidisciplinary environment? Then we are looking for you!
TU/e's ambition is to achieve more 'data driven' decision making at all levels within the organization. The Information Expertise Center (IEC) plays a vital role in this development, more specifically with focus on research data management (RDM), general data management (GDM), business intelligence (BI) and open science. Furthermore, the IEC comprises the university library and archives, and provides information skills training to bachelor, master and PhD students. The IEC staff totals 45 employees.
What are you going to do?
In this position the focus is set on strategic development of datamanagement and BI in the entire University, with growing maturity on these discplines as a result. You will work closely with colleagues who are responsible for the operational and tactical side of BI, GDM and RDM, within faculties and services at the university.
Your main goal is to set the strategic outlines for GDM and BI and to support the strategic outlines of RDM. You will be responsible for the perennial strategic roadmap for Business Intelligence, data governance en datamanagement within the TU/e, and to advise the Board, directors, deans and other staff to work and steer more data driven from that vision.
You keep yourself well informed of new international developments within your discipline and you know how to translate these developments into new opportunities within TU/e. Examples are the application of data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data en data governance.
You don't have to be a jack of all trades, but we do expect that you bring along proven knowledge and experience of being capable to fulfill the activities, as mentioned above, on a relative short notice and at a senior level.
Main criterion is that you are capable of self-organizing that process and that you take control, to develop as quick as possible, to be the strategic sparring partner to the Board for datamanagement and BI. Your direct report will be the director of IEC.
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- You have experience in developing and coordinating processes of change, that take place in a complex environment of internal and external player and a variety of environmental factors (financial-economical, social, political)
- You have knowledge of and experience with datamanagement (DAMA DMBOK by preference) and BI in a complex organization, or you are capable of gathering this expertise real fast, and you put this to work to let TU/e grow in data maturity.
- You have a strong personality and you know how to give your opinion on a non-defensive manner.
- You are good in detecting (possible) issues and problems. Recognizing of the most important driving forces of your interlocutors, and you are fast in connecting the dots based on the information you get. You shift gear rapidly, uncover possible causes and look outside the usual paths to find solutions to help your counterpart as well as the TU/e as a whole. These can be organizationa-, process or technical solutions.
- You take along in others in your story by nature, are focussed on cooperation and know well how to balance between those two.
- You have a broad experience in developping strategic vision and the associated alignment of complex and sensitive matters in direct contact with C-level staff.
- You have an academic degree and a perfect undertanding of the dutch language, both verbal and written.
All this makes you a broad employable strategic professional with high organizational sensitivity, directly followed by a sharp thinker and advisor aimed at perrenial innovation within the disciplines datamanagement and BI.
Conditions of employment
- A team in which professionalism in learning and development is key;
- The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities and depending on education and work experience, salary scale 12 - 13 with a minimum of €4.406,= and a maximum of €6.133,= (CAO-NU);
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
- Excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities;
- Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity.
An assessment can be part of the procedure.