You cannot apply for this job anymore (deadline was 8 Sep 2022).
Browse the current job offers or choose an item in the top navigation above.
In realising the university's motivation to contribute to 'sustainable society', asset management and maintenance engineering plays an important role as it links engineering research and education to the areas of life cycle management of capital assets. The research chair will strengthen the department's research profile by focussing on new asset & maintenance engineering theories, methodologies and tools, at the intersection of smart asset management and smart operations management.
You will be working on diverse technologies in design, production and life cycle management of capital assets, requiring advanced maintenance and operations engineering expertise as well as an understanding of life cycle analysis and decision making. You are expected to have a strong background in engineering and production or related fields, to have a good track record in research, and be a motivated and experienced teacher. You have a broad network in the maintenance domain of the Dutch capital asset industry.
We seek candidates who will initiate an independent and creative research programme and who will cover all parts of the Department of Design, Production & Management: the whole asset life cycle from Ideation & Concept Development to Design & Engineering, Construction, Implementation, Operations and Maintenance to decommissioning.
You will play a key role in strengthening collaboration between the department and other research units at the university as well as with established industries. At the intersection of industry and science dissemination of findings takes place by lifelong learning master classes.
You will be involved in existing core undergraduate and graduate courses as well as new innovative courses. You will supervise doctoral students and contribute to knowledge transfer in the broad field of maintenance engineering and life cycle management. In more detail, educational contributions are expected in the field of design methodologies and introduction strategies of capital assets, risk analysis, usability, design verification and validation, maintenance, prognostics and health monitoring as well as application of AR/VR in maintenance execution.
University of Twente (UT)
- You have a doctoral degree and expertise in a relevant field
- You have a passion for teaching and for developing inspiring and engaging education (you hold a University Teaching Qualification for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this)
- Be an inspiring mentor and coach to junior researchers
- Demonstrate the ability to pursue and develop the existing research line, evidenced by an outstanding publication record and a proven track of attracting external funding
- Be able to interconnect science and industry
- You have strong communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills focused on inspiring and motivating co-workers
- You have a strong proficiency in English
Conditions of employment
- The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with passionate colleagues in which internationalisation is an important part of the strategic agenda
- A full-time position as full professor with a gross salary between €6.099 and € 8.881 per month (depending on experience and qualifications) and solid pension scheme
- Excellent research facilities and the possibility to work with other departments
- An international work environment;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment, and possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Professional and personal development programmes.
- Family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners