We seek an experienced professional who knows their ways in the field of academia and large scale infrastructure- and innovation grants. You must be fluent in Dutch and English and have profound knowledge of the grant application process for the grant schemes National Growth Fund and LSRI. Additional experience with large scale research grant programs like Horizon Europe Research Infrastructures, IHI and NWO Gravitation are beneficial. You have an academic training in life sciences with preferably a PhD. You have extensive experience in advising on the financial and business aspects of complex infrastructure and investment grants. Overall, you must have at least 5 years of grant writing and funding advice experience, of which at least 2 years as a senior advisor with your own project portfolio.
In your work, you:
- Have a positive and a proactive attitude and combine policy skills with a hands-on approach;
- Are a self-starter that shows initiative;
- Are service-oriented and an efficient communicator;
- Are a real team player and able to establish and maintain interpersonal relations;
- Have a good sense of management relations, easily connect and collaborate at different levels and can function tactfully and diplomatically, with all kinds of different internal and external stakeholders;
- Have the ability to form and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and strategic value points and strategic trade-offs with partners and internal teams;
- Are an excellent writer with advanced editing skills in both English and Dutch and with strong communication and presentation skills
- Are able to prioritize and focus on results;
- Demonstrate strategic and creative thinking, strong quantitative and analytical abilities, and problem-solving skills with developed attention to detail;
- Are an exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to frame new, ambiguous and complex issues.
- Are flexible and have good organizational skills;
- Have an excellent project management ability, capable of leading multiple time-sensitive cross-functional projects;
- Are open to an international and diverse working environment;
With the flexibility of a hybrid working environment, you enjoy working at the office where you meet with your colleagues and researchers, to catch-up, deep-dive in content or work hard towards deadlines. We expect you to develop and maintain a good and healthy work-life balance. You are willing to contribute to the professional development of our services and a research(er)-friendly ecosystem. In our team it's about making it happen and opportunities. Together we have built a wonderful international team, we trust each other, are socially engaged and really enjoy working together. We have an open culture, where everyone's.
Depending on your experience, we will position this job in salary scale 11 or 12. This will be a temporary appointment for 1 year with the intention of extension to a permanent position.