We are searching for an enthusiastic, motivated, and team-oriented PhD candidate to join our group.
This is a mixed, fixed-term position. It consists of a 0.75 FTE PhD position (5 years) and a 0.25 FTE lectureship (4 years).
The LAW group conducts research on law and regulation in the life sciences domains of Wageningen University (food, health and the environment). While our core research and teaching area is food law, we also work on general issues pertaining to EU law, international law, transnational law, intellectual property law and human rights law, and are keen to explore interdisciplinary connections in those areas.
The successful candidate will write their PhD thesis on a legal topic of their choice within the Wageningen domains, and interdisciplinary projects are strongly encouraged. The chosen candidate will hold a lecturer position and contribute to teaching, teaching support, and supervision of masters theses in the LAW group.
As a PhD candidate we ask you to:
- Conduct research and write a PhD thesis in line with Wageningen's standards
- Take courses as appropriate
- Seek opportunities to speak at conferences of relevance for your field
- Seek publication opportunities
As a lecturer we ask you to:
- Teach lectures and deliver tutorials in the courses offered by the LAW group, as appropriate
- Supervise and mark students' papers
- Mark exams
- Supervise students' theses and internships
- Assist in building and sharing digital learning environments for law courses via Blackboard.